Oneplus Y1S — My experience
It has been only a few hours since I have been using Onplus’s all-new smart TV, the Oneplus Y1S. I ordered it yesterday and got it delivered today due to my premium membership. My experience of using this smart TV was really interesting and I thought about sharing it on a blog, to help other customers decide which TV they should go with.
- Immediately after unboxing and configuring the smart TV, I realized that Oneplus Y1S has an exceptionally strong build. Everything from the body of the TV to its stands is of great quality. It has a metal panel on the back. With a strong build, Oneplus Y1S also has great looks. The bezel-less screen with a metallic plate at the bottom with a Oneplus logo looks extremely classy.
- Talking about the performance, it has been powered by Mediatek MT 9216 chipset along with Mali G31 GPU. Oneplus Y1S works on android 11 and has an interactive and simple user interface. Oneplus Y1S comes with Oxygen Play 2.0 where you can play your favorite series and movies. It has also an airplay function that helps you cast your iPhone or Android device onto the screen with minimal lag. There are no performance issues that I have faced so far.
- Oneplus Y1S comes with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage, out of which you get 4GB free. A decent amount of storage can help you download multiple apps and games. One great thing about this smart TV is that it has amazing gaming capabilities as well. I played Asphalt 8 on it and it works perfectly by TV standards.
- The picture quality of Oneplus Smart TVs has always been amazing, and so is the case with this one. Oneplus Y1S has a VA panel and DLED lighting. It has an HDR10+ display with a 32’inch screen (it also comes with a 43’inch variant). The audio quality is also top-notch with loud 20W speakers equipped with Dolby Audio.
- One of the most underrated features of this smart TV is its connectivity. Oneplus Y1S comes with a dual Wifi band along with bluetooth 5.0. Surprisingly, there was little-to-no lag when I connected my Bluetooth speakers to the TV. Lastly, the smart TV also comes with an Auto Low Latency Mode for better performance.
This was my #1-day experience with Oneplus Y1S. This smart TV only cost me around Rs 16,500 and I was pleasantly surprised by the impressive performance of this smartphone. Everyone looking for a budget-friendly smart TV should consider Oneplus Y1S.